Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I've been thinking...

This time, I'm just going to post some thoughts. It might seem completely unconnected...get over it. :)

Pain:
One of the main reasons people avoid Christianity is pain. "How could there be a loving God with so much suffering?" in Laura Story's words, "When darkness seems to win, the pain reminds us, this is not out home." in other words, God didn't intend for this world to be flawed, but every time we choose against Him, He is in pain too. And a lot of the time it hurts us or those around us.

Fakers:
Another huge turn-off for non-Christians is all the fakers. All of the people who call themselves Christians, (regardless of if they really are or not), but don't reflect Christ in any way. But it's more than that; even the Christians who are decent, if they hurt someone, that person gets "turned-off" of Christ. That is why we, as Christians, must constantly pray for the strength to do what's right.

Forgiveness:
I believe in the ultimate forgiveness of God. If you believe that God is God, and place your complete trust in Him, you will be saved, and spend eternity in Heaven, be it when you are 7 at summer camp, or on your death bed. I believe if Hitler had trusted in the One True God, he would be in heaven right now.

Homosexuality:
Being homosexual, (or Bi-) is a sin.it says so right in the bible. However, God won't ban you from heaven if you are! Any sin is equal in His sight. It's the same level as lying, cheating, murder, and rape. I'm not saying I embrace it, but I won't hate you, and God doesn't either.

These are just some of my thoughts. I won't claim that they're flawless, but they are what I believe. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment