Tuesday, February 28, 2012

To Be or Not to Be....Single

If you're reading this, you probably know I am single. I have been for about....forever or so. Some people think it's strange. Others have told me I'm not allowed to date until college...
Anyway, I wanna share my thoughts on this whole relationship craze.

I think 90% of high school relationships should never happen. (Middle school: 99%, Elementary: 100%) I do not think that just because a girl is pretty, you should date her. If he/she hasn't met your family, it's not time yet. If you met a month ago, definitely not. I'm just saying, get to know him/her first! I personally am not going to date anyone I'm not already friends with. As of now, I'm not willing to risk any of my friendships for a dating experience that I know won't last.

Another thing, if you've been together for three weeks, its not love. Unless you would be willing to marry them right now, it's not love.

1 Corinthians 7:32-35: I'm not gonna write it all out, but basically it says that married (or dating) people will focus on making their partner happy, while single folks can focus on God.
1 Corinthians 7:8: If you were just in a relationship, and it didn't work out, you don't need to get in another just to make you feel better! Give it time!
2 Corinthians 6:14: Don't date non-Christians!! You don't have to be mean about it, just lead them to Christ! Really, if you care about them, you should care about their eternal soul...
Oh, and 99.9% of the time, "missionary dating" is a lie.

Look, I'm not saying we all need to swear off dating, I'm saying you should think!

No comments:

Post a Comment