Tuesday, May 1, 2012

1 James 1

*NOTE: This was written as part of the weekly bible readings for the GSM Nicaragua mission trip. So when I refer to "this trip," that's what I mean.*

To sum this chapter up, it begins by talking about how facing trials and temptations will make us better and closer to God. Then it goes on to say how dumb it is to read God's word and not do what it says. (not in those exact words...)
James wrote this. He's Jesus's bro by the way. I think he wrote this because people back then struggled with the same things we do today. Lust, greed, etc. And the Word has ways to deal with these "trials and temptations."
This chapter tells us a few things. One, God won't send temptation on us. Our own desires tempt us, but God will help us through that temptation. Two, we can't fight it on our own. That's probably why I give in so much; I try to defeat temptation on my own. Finally, this trip is gonna be full of trials. But we should "consider it pure joy," because if we let it, it'll bring us closer to God and each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment